Friendly Design for All Foundation
Friendly Design for All Foundation is a non-profit organization founded on September 24, 2015 by Mr. Krisana Lalai, the wheelchair journalist, President of the Foundation. The foundation aims to campaign and encourage public and private sectors to realize the importance of Friendly Design in order to facilitate people with all ages and physical conditions to be inclusively accessible in buildings, tourist attractions, transportation, information services and all public services equally.
The purposes of the foundation are as follows;
1. To campaign and enhance the understanding of Friendly Design (or Universal Design) to facilitate safe and convenient living for elderly people, rehabilitation patients, people with disabilities, pregnant women and young children.
2. To drive and develop Friendly Design in Thailand to be modern and advanced by stimulating and propelling all public spaces, buildings, religious places, educational institutes, tourist attractions, public transportation and all forms of public services to be friendly, convenient, safe, modern, inclusive and equal for all users.
3. To encourage and select Thai youths, students and people who are ready to be the key force to convey the awareness of Friendly Design to society to be Friendly Design Ambassadors.
4. To help the elders and people with disabilities about Friendly Design matters or help providing public sourcing or make facilities that are public in various areas as far as budget is concerned.
5. To exhibit, run activities and coordinate to achieve synergy from all sectors in order to create good environments and provide Friendly Design in buildings and public areas all over Thailand for all people of all ages and physical abilities to utilize. This will strengthen equality and reduce social inequalities.
6. To carry out or collaborate with charitable organizations and public organizations for public benefits.
7. Do not do anything concerning politics.
Our Past performance
- Holding a yearly exhibition on Friendly Design, health care and rehabilitation innovation called Thailand Friendly Design Expo since 2016.
- Driving Thailand to be a Friendly Design City and Tourism for All City.
- Presenting the Taxi London Model Project for the development of public transportation in Bangkok.
- Organizing the Volunteer Gathering Party year 1 – 4 to campaign and promote Friendly Design in Thailand to ASEAN community.
- Creating the event “Friendly Design Ambassadors Meet Young Blood” in educational institutes all over the country.
- Campaigning and driving “Friendly Design Model City” in many provinces in Thailand such as Tak Province, Nan Province, Phitsanulok Province, Nakhon Phanom Province, Khon Kaen Province, Chonburi province, Surat Thani Province, Phang Nga Province etc.
- Senior News Editor and Journalist of Nation Channel, Thailand
- President of Friendly Design for All Foundation
- Chairman of Thailand Friendly Design Expo
- TV Host for 2 programs of Nation Channel
– Krisana Tour Yok Lor (Krisana Wheelchair Tour)
– Me Reung Ma Kui with Krisana Lalai (Morning Talk by Krisana)
- Columnist of Kom Chad Luek Newspaper
- The Project Director of Friendly Design Ambassador (Thailand) Project
- President of Friendly Design Propulsion to ASEAN Project
- Editor of thailandfriendlydesignexpo.com and Friendly Design Magazine
- An expert on Friendly Design
- Friendly Design Project Leader
- News Reporter and TV Program Host of Channel 3, Channel 5, Channel 9 and Thai PBS Channel
- TV Host of various programs such as ‘Meung Jai Dee’, ‘Show Sien Game’, ‘Talk and Tour’, ‘Long Sak Tang’, etc.
- Radio Host for various programs at Modern Radio FM 96.5, FM 106, and Nation Radio
- Columnist of Nation Weekend
- Editor of special articles in the newspaper named “The Nation”
- Editor of TV programs, such as ‘Luangluk Kon Dung’ and ‘ Kuan Kao Chao wan Yut’
- 1999: The winner at the 13th TV Gold Awards as The Best Male TV Host
- 2000: Got the Mekhala TV Award as The Best News Program
- 2000: Outstanding Individual Award from National Safety Commission
- 2005: Outstanding Wheelchair of the year
- 2011: Got the Mekhala TV Award as Outstanding Wor Piece
- 2012: Tara Award
1Created Friendly Design Ambassador (Thailand) Project which was awarded as 1 of the best 10 Thailand volunteering projects in year 2013, receiving the award from the Ex-Thai army chief, General Prayuth Chan-ochawho is now the recent Prime Minister of Thailand.
2Being the key person who make the government realize the important of Friendly Design (Universal Design) and influence them to hold the first MOU event on the development of accessibility in Thailand called “Change Burden to Power, Inclusive Society for All and the Kick Off Country’s Friendly Design project” on 14 May, 2013 at Santi Maitri Building, the Government House of Thailand.
3Campaigned “Friendly Design City Model project” in many provinces in Thailand such as Tak Province, Nan Province, Phitsanulok Province, Nakhon Phanom Province, Khon Kaen Province, Chonburi province, Surat Thani Province, Phang Nga Province etc.
4Organized Friendly Design Trips with theMinistry of Tourism and Sports of and Tourism Authority of Thailand to promote Accessible Tourism in Thailand by encouraging private sectors and government sectors to make places and services accessible for all costumers, especially, people with disabilities and the elderly.
5Organized Thailand Friendly Design Expo, ASEAN’s largest exhibition on Home Care and Rehabilitation products, technologies, and innovations for the elderly, rehabilitated patients, people with disabilities, and wheelchair users. The event aims to promote the better accessibility and quality of life for people of all ages, genders and body conditions. We have also got great supports from government sectors of Thailand, for example, Ministryof Social Development and Human Security, Ministry of Tourism and Sports, Ministry of Culture, Ministry of Interior, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, etc. The Deputy Prime Minister, Thailand’s ministers, and ambassadors from many countries are impressed with the expo and visit us every year.